What is the treatment for diaper rash?

Keep area dry. Moisture, heat and lack of air circulation may cause skin irritation which may get over infected with bacteria or fungus. Baby may need a medicated cream, so if no improvement with careful drying and vaseline/zinc oxide based ointments, see a doctor.
See Full Answer. Normal diaper rash is treated with frequent diaper changes, air drying the skin and thick barrier creams to protect the skin. If the rash is not responding to this treatment, the child should be examined to see if there is another cause such as yeast or bacteria.
Best: naked! The best treatment is less time in a diaper-- and more time naked! dry your baby's bottom with a cold hair dryer or fan, and let him or her enjoy a bare bottom for a while. You can also use one of many diaper rash creams. Rarely, a visit to the doctor for a prescription is needed.