Total cholesterol: HDL ratio 5.6 ratio, HDL level 1.4, LDL 5.3, triglycerides 2.6, serum cholesterol 7.9. My father had high cholesterol. Serious?

Very high. In the USA we use mg per deciliter so for our US readers, I'm going to convert yours: TC: 305, LDL: 204, HDL: 54, TG: 230. Your numbers are all very high. This is likely inherited and will not be normalized thru diet alone. I would have no issue advising a statin for you, but you should discuss it with your personal physician. Goto: https://www.goredforwomen.org/ and click on "Know Your Risk".