Is there a certain type of specialist for hand pain?

Yes. Depending on the type, location, and chronicity of pain, a hand specialist would be advisable.
Hand pain. One of the first things is to get a proper exam and diagnosis a hand surgeon can help. The range if problems includes tendinitis nerve issues carpal tunnel ligament injury fracture stress fracture keinbocks masses in fact any structure can cause wrist pain . Simple solutions are splinting NSAID ice and stretching but done wrong it can make things worse so get evaluated.
Yes. Hand surgery is a surgical sub-specialty focusing on traumatic, congenital, and degenerative conditions of the hand, wrist, and elbow. Orthopaedic, general, and plastic surgeons all can become hand surgeons. A rheumatologist may also treat hand pain, caused by arthritis.