Why should I be concerned about breast cancer?

You have breasts. Breast cancer will affect 1 in 9 women. The biggest risk factor for breast cancer, is having breasts. Although we hear alot about it, most of us will not get breast cancer. Your risk may be increased if you have a family history, had an abnormal biopsy, never have children, or gain a large amount of weight as an adult. You do not need to be concerned but be aware of your own body.
No one is immune. Considering the lifetime risk of developing breast ca in the us is 1:8, how can you not be? It is a common misconception that people who have no family history are not at risk; in truth, breast cancer is an environmental disease, unrelated to heredity in almost 90% of cases. We have made few inroads in breast ca prevention, but have learned that when you catch it early, the cure rates are high.