How can I stop grinding teeth?

Dr. Earl Sandroff
Dentistry
In brief: Stay calm.
People don't stop grinding.
They grind due to the stresses of life...Work, family, school, relationships and perhaps sinus troubles what your dentist is trying to do is to protect your teeth from the effects of grinding or bruxing. That would be your teeth wearing down, cracking or breaking. So you have a soft or hard bite guard fabricated. This can be worn day or nite or both depending on you.

In brief: Stay calm.
People don't stop grinding.
Dr. Earl Sandroff
Dr. Earl Sandroff
In brief: Botox, splint
Most people grind due to stress.
The goal is to reduce stress, practice relaxation techniques and stretch the muscles. Otherwise there are 2 basic options: a splint which seperates the teeth and doesn't allow the muscles to contract which is usally worn at night. Or botox. I also grind my teeth and i get great results from botox, i rarely grind or clench now.

In brief: Botox, splint
Most people grind due to stress.
Dr. Michael Skidmore
Dr. Michael Skidmore
Dr. Gary Alder
Bruxism or grind the teeth involuntarily has been reclassified to an "involuntary Movement Disorder." Bruxim is often attributed to stress. The wailing and gnashing of teeth is a time honored mechanism of dealing with or anxieties and frustrations. Take a look at what causes stress in your life and try to manage it. Stress affects our body in many detrimental ways and if your bruxism is a manifestation of this then by all means seek to cure the root cause of your disease. Superficial management with dental devices or medications will mitigate the detrimental effects of wearing away the teeth, damaging the Temporal Mandibular Joint and excessive use of the muscles but seldom do they treat the underlieing cause of this malady.