I have Idiopathic Peripheral Neuropathy causing sensory loss in feet. Is the electrical stimulation treatment effective in treating condition?

Dr Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Peripheral neuropath

The treatment of peripheral neuropathy relies heavily on the cause of the nerve damage.
The pain of the neuropathy usually controlled with medications. Treatment with the electrical stimulation fields has been investigated and analgesic benefits have been reported, but not consistent.

In brief: Peripheral neuropath

Dr Paul Grin
Dr Paul Grin
Dr Mark Fisher
Neurology

In brief: No

Which ?condition" do you mean? "Idiopathic" as I'm sure you're aware means the cause is not known.
There IS a cause, but identifying it is beyond the current state of the art of neurological diagnosis. The ES treats only symptoms, i.e. pain. It won't make the neuropathy itself any better or slow it down. You'd have to know the cause to do that. The numbness won't get better or stop getting worse.

In brief: No

Dr Mark Fisher
Dr Mark Fisher
Dr Bennett Machanic