Is radiation and chemotherapy the only way to get rid of vaginal cancer?

It depends... Vaginal cancer treatment can depend on size of tumor and whether or not it is suspected to have spread to lymph nodes or other sites in the pelvis. If it is caught early enough and once the pathologist reports on the extent of disease, you should talk with your gyn-oncologist on appropriate, specific treatment for you.
Depends. Usually chemoradiation is the way to go. Surgery can potentially play a role depending on the details of the tumor. Here is a good resource on vaginal cancer. http://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/vaginal-cancer.