How can I be more open and less fearful of my spouse in marriage counseling?

Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Marriage Counseling
Try to share your feelings in the session, tell your spouse and your counselor that this is very hard for you and that you are freightened.
You will defeat the purpose of your being in therapy unless you can be forthcoming and this is an essential ability to maintain a close relationship. It is often very hard and you may also consider individual therapy for yourself to help. Best.

In brief: Marriage Counseling
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Katharine Garnier
In brief: Personal counselling
I often recommend that partners have their own counselling sessions, and a personal counsellor, you may have issues to be worked on outside of the relationship before you can work on the relationship.
If you are afraid of your partner, then trust needs to be built first, both with the therapist, and your partner.

In brief: Personal counselling
Dr. Katharine Garnier
Dr. Katharine Garnier
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham