I have human papillomavirus. Does this increase my chances of getting vaginal cancer?

Yes! Yes, hpv directly causes at least 50% of all vaginal and vulvar cancers, as well as all cerivical cancers, much of anal cancers, 70% of head-and-neck cancers and most non-melanoma skin cancers amongst other problems! that's a ton of cancers from one virus!
Cervical cancer risk. Hpv is a risk factor for cervical cancer and anal cancer. You should be screened annually with a pap smear and an anorectal examination. Here is a link to the national cancer institute regarding hpv and cancer. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/risk/hpv.