Cause of sinus pressure behind left ear? Began w/ ear infection 4 mo. ago and is worse when allergies flare. Makes face feel weird/pressure.

Dr. Devin Cunning
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Eustachian tube

Sinus inflammation, either infectious or allergic, may cause eustachian tube dysfunction.
This can result in ear pressure or fluid. Nasal steroid spray may help both these symptoms. Given the duration of these symptoms, a visit to your physician is warranted. Good luck.

In brief: Eustachian tube

Dr. Michael Rupp
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Not Sinus Pressure

There is not really a sinus behind your ear.
There is a small collection of holes in the bone called mastoid air cells. These can so entires get infected. Best way to assess this is CT scan. Before doing that I might try a course of antibiotics prescribed by your doctor.

In brief: Not Sinus Pressure

Dr. Jonathan Jassey