Can you please name a drug that can prevent nosebleed after cauterization? Cauterization was done more than one time but nosebleed starts over time.

Dr. Phillip Goebel
Emergency Medicine

In brief: None

There is no medication that can prevent nosebleeds.
Keeping your nasal mucosa hydrated with humidified air can help, and sometimes applying a thin layer of petroleum ointment to the inside of the nose can prevent the mucosa from drying out and bleeding.

In brief: None

Dr. Phillip Goebel
Dr. Phillip Goebel
Dr. Forrest Jones

In brief: No aspirin, herbs

Recurring nosebleeds can be a very frustrating.
For 2 wk before &1 wk after, avoid anything with aspirin, and NSAID meds like Advil ibuprofen, Aleve naproxen. Avoid herbs/foods that increase bleeding, like garlic, ginger, ginseng, fish oil, dong quai & licorice. I'm not aware of any particular medicines to prevent bleeding. Do follow the post-cautery instructions you were given. Hope that helps.

In brief: No aspirin, herbs

Dr. Forrest Jones
Dr. Forrest Jones
Dr. Peter Kurzweil