1 doctor weighed in:
Could an overdose of Diamox (acetazolamide) pills kill you?
1 doctor weighed in

Dr. Marybeth Lambe
Travel Medicine
In brief: Unlikely
Although serious dehydration and salt depletion has occurred requiring hospitalization and supportive care, overdose of Diamox (acetazolamide) is very survivable.
The half life of Diamox (acetazolamide) is 9 hours and is cleared by the kidneys. Usually fluid support is given and often potassium while maintaining the body's in acid base balance. As Diamox (acetazolamide) clears out, the person gradually recovers--usually without any lasting harm.

In brief: Unlikely
Although serious dehydration and salt depletion has occurred requiring hospitalization and supportive care, overdose of Diamox (acetazolamide) is very survivable.
The half life of Diamox (acetazolamide) is 9 hours and is cleared by the kidneys. Usually fluid support is given and often potassium while maintaining the body's in acid base balance. As Diamox (acetazolamide) clears out, the person gradually recovers--usually without any lasting harm.
Dr. Marybeth Lambe
Dr. Marybeth Lambe
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine
23 years in practice
171K people helped
Continue
107,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors