My 5 month old baby got a cold is there anything i can give him? Im taking him to the pediatrician thursday.

In brief: No cold med for baby

We do not recommend ANY cold medicines for children under the age of 6.
You can suction his nose with a bulb syringe/nasal aspirator. You can use normal saline nose drops (eg AYR) to help loosen mucous, and you can have him spend some time in a steamy bathroom and/or run a humidifier. I am glad that you are taking him in to be seen to make sure that all he has is a viral URI.

In brief: No cold med for baby

Dr. Marlene Wust-smith
Dr. Marlene Wust-smith
Dr. Louis Cooper
If symptoms change or fever develops, have your baby seen sooner.
Dr. Carrie Cannon

In brief: Saline nasal drops

A cool mist vaporizor or a pan of water in his room to prevent drying of mucous membranes of the nose.
You can take him into a room full of steam from running a hot shower to loosen his nasal mucous. Also can use sterile saline drops available over the counter to use one nostril at a time with very gentle suctioning with bulb suction. Tylenol (acetaminophen) for fever or lukewarm water sponge bath.

In brief: Saline nasal drops

Dr. Carrie Cannon
Dr. Carrie Cannon
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology