I have had a c-section before. Does that put my at risk for adenomyosis?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
In brief: Mayoclinic.com
According to mayoclinic.
Com...Yes, it is a risk factor. The decision to have a c-section is probably more important then to avoid it because of some risk that may be low. Sometimes the decision has to be taken at the last moment but there is criteria to plan ahead a delivery via cesarean section.

In brief: Mayoclinic.com
According to mayoclinic.
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Andrew Silverman
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Adenomyisis
I am unaware of any evidence that a c section will increase the risk of adenomyosis

In brief: Adenomyisis
Dr. Andrew Silverman
Dr. Andrew Silverman
Dr. L. Collins
This is a theory but the only sutdy I was able to find does not show an increased risk of adenomyosis with C-section: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3999065
Dr. Adam Levy