What is the best perscription for the periformis syndrome disease.?What is something that makes me sure that I have this disease plus pain in leg.?

Dr. John Ayres
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: It depends

Piriformis syndrome is like sciatica.
There is pain behind the hip in the buttocks, occasionally radiating into the lower leg. There is usually tenderness in the buttocks area along the piriformis muscle belly where it crosses the sciatic nerve. Treatment includes stretching or local steroid injection. An MRI will show if the piriformis is the source of pain or whether its something else.

In brief: It depends

Piriformis syndrome is like sciatica.
Dr. John Ayres
Dr. John Ayres