I was taking levaquin (levofloxacin) for pneamonia and bronchitis symtoms but I got sick from taking it and they gave me zpak will my body be ok going to zpak?

Dr. Sue Ferranti

In brief: Probably....

You will likely be fine taking zithromax.
But, if you develop worsening shortness of breath or a new rash, notify your doctor. Hope you feel better soon!

In brief: Probably....

Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Alvin Lin
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Maybe

Levaquin (levofloxacin) & zpak are both reasonable antibiotics for pneumonia & bronchitis.
However, your body may not like one or the other or even both. There's only one way to find out! it's alo possible that what you thought was a side effect was actually just a coincidence. Just sayin'! there are some bacteria that might be resistant to one or the other or even both. Only way to be sure is to check sputum cs.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Peter Kurzweil