I had elevated liver enzymes. Stopped drinking and they went down. Will I ever be able to drink alcohol again?

Dr. Luis Villaplana
In brief: Yea!
Just do not binge, and drink small amounts a day!

In brief: Yea!
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Depends on how you
Were drinking. If you were "out of control, " drinking very large amounts (more than you intended) and could not control your use, you may have alcohol dependency.
In that case, any further drinking could trigger going back to the way you used to drink. There is controversy over whether alcohol-dependent people can drink socially, but most of us think that they can not. Talk to your doctor.

In brief: Depends on how you
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Peter Kurzweil