11 doctors weighed in:

How effective is the "pull-out" method?

11 doctors weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry
10 doctors agree

In brief: Not effective

Do not recommend pull out method to prevent pregnancy.

In brief: Not effective

Do not recommend pull out method to prevent pregnancy.
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Thank
Dr. Philip Miller
Family Medicine
2 doctors agree

In brief: Ineffective

Use only if you want someone to call you "Mommy"

In brief: Ineffective

Use only if you want someone to call you "Mommy"
Dr. Philip Miller
Dr. Philip Miller
Thank
Dr. Cynthia Archer
Internal Medicine

In brief: To be specific...0%

What you are referring to is called the "withdrawal method" and the rate of success of this is essentially zero.
In 1 year 85% of sexually active females using the withdrawal method will become pregnant. Incidentally, the remaining 15% is exactly the same number of women who are infertile. Add those up and you have about a 100% chance of getting pregnant in a year if you are fertile w/out BC.

In brief: To be specific...0%

What you are referring to is called the "withdrawal method" and the rate of success of this is essentially zero.
In 1 year 85% of sexually active females using the withdrawal method will become pregnant. Incidentally, the remaining 15% is exactly the same number of women who are infertile. Add those up and you have about a 100% chance of getting pregnant in a year if you are fertile w/out BC.
Dr. Cynthia Archer
Dr. Cynthia Archer
Thank
1 comment
Dr. Cynthia Archer
In addition to being ineffective for preventing pregnancy, you also do not get any protection from sexually transmitted infection. So condoms are a great choice because they offer protection from both pregnancy and infection, and they are available at most grocery and convenience stores. They are not expensive and even help some men perform better.
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Jonathan Jassey
Board Certified, Pediatrics
14 years in practice
1M people helped
Continue
111,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors