What is the first thing to do if I have pain radiating from the butt to the knee down the leg.I have no swellings.What should I do next to get relief.?

Dr. Keegan Duchicela

In brief: Sciatic pain

Conservative measures are always good to try first.
Resting, ibuprofen, heat/ice, very gentle stretching of the hamstrings and lower back. Avoid lots of bending over, lifting things... But don't be in bed all day. If you have fevers, are wetting or stooling yourself, or any significant weakness in your leg, you need to see a doctor asap.

In brief: Sciatic pain

Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Stretching can be so helpful! Acuuncture can bring tremendous relief (hopefully no fear of needles). I have had patients with pain level 10 be a 0-1 right after an acupuncture treatment.