Coughing runny nose wheeZing trouble breathing what's wrong with me?

Dr. Katharine Cox
Pediatrics - Emergency Medicine

In brief: Virus/asthma

Your symptoms sound like a virus which is affecting your chest.
If you are having trouble breathing, go to the ER for assessment and treatment. This may be an asthma flare up or a first episode of wheezing. I hope you feel better soon.

In brief: Virus/asthma

In brief: Reactive airways?

Do you have a hx of asthma? If so this could be an asthma exacerbation secondary to a viral illness.
If you are wheezing and you have trouble breathing then you have significant airway obstruction and you should be seen ASAP in the ED or doctor's office. If you have a rescue inhaler at home like proair (albuterol) then take 2 puffs right away

In brief: Reactive airways?

Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine