Do the things I eat effect my premenstrual syndrome?

Dr. Traci Seidman
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Eat your greens!

Absolutely! people tend to want to eat sweets and then salty foods when pmsing.
This is a bad combination and leads to water retention and crashes in blood sugar. You should eat foods that are high in calcium and b vitamins, viatmin d and magnesium. Think of dark green leafy vegetables, yogurt, milk, fruits, and drink plenty of water. It's important to get your exercise at this time, too!

In brief: Eat your greens!

Dr. Traci Seidman
Dr. Traci Seidman
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni

Many foods can affect the symptoms of pms.
Foods high in salt lead to more fluid retention and feeling bloated. Excessive junk food may be related to moodiness and irritability.

Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham