Rheumatoid arthritis for 7 yrs. On methotrexate & prednisone. Tried so many drugs (orencia, enbrel, (etanercept) humira...). Feeling defeated. What else can I try?

Dr. Pierre Moeser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Other choices
Some older drugs such as Plaquenil may help, especially with fatigue.
There are also newer drugs that act via different mechanisms such as actemra (tocilizumab). I assume the diagnosis of RA is definite. If not, retest other possibilities. An exercise program may be very beneficial, especially if you start slowly and build up with hurting yourself. Don't give up hope. You can get better.

In brief: Other choices
Dr. Pierre Moeser
Dr. Pierre Moeser
Dr. Franklyn Farrell
Occupational Medicine
In brief: Arthritis
Try dietary changes.
There are forms of arthritis that respond to the restriction of certain things in the diet such as "nightshade arthritis", etc. Check out dr ronald hoffman. He is an amazing source of knowledge on diet and how it affects the body. Hope this helps.

In brief: Arthritis
Try dietary changes.
Dr. Franklyn Farrell
Dr. Franklyn Farrell
Dr. Ronald Krauser
RA patients should be very wary. There is no scientific data that diets prevent joint damage.
Dr. Adam Levy