Will taking Plan B one step when on birth control make your period late?

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau

In brief: Ok

There is no need to take plan B if you are on birth control and taking it every day.
Plan B is birth control pills. Don't use plan B when you are on birth control. Yes, it could interfere with your period. By the way I hope you are asking this for someone else as your profile says you are male.

In brief: Ok

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau

In brief: Plan B

Potential side effects w emergency contraception include menstrual flow changes (spotting, bleeding, early or late period).
Take pregnancy test & notify dr if your period is 7 or > days late. If you are taking your oral contraceptive correctly - you will not need the Plan B.

In brief: Plan B

Dr. Jane Van Dis