What can I expect as side effects from influenza vaccine?

Side effects. Flu shot side effects may include: slight swelling, redness or pain at vaccination site. If headache, nausea, fever or muscular pain occur they usually resolve within one to two days. You won't get the flu from a flu shot because the virus either contains inactivated virus or doesn't have virus particles in it. Severe side effects are rare.
Fever, soreness. And funny enough, flu like symptoms. Listen , please help me spread the word : a flu shot will not give you the flu or keep you from getting it, but if you get it, it gives you a fighting chance not to end up with pneumonia and dying. How's that?