What can I expect as medroxyprogesterone acetate (depotrust) side effect?

Effects can vary. It can change your menstrual cycle, both in frequency and flow. Other possible side effects include water retention, decreased appetite, weakness, & soreness at the injection site. Depression, dizziness, headache, nervousness, sleepiness, breast tenderness, breast discharge, abdominal pain, nausea/vomiting, jaundice, blood clots, and phlebitis are less common. It's also possible to have no side effects at all!