What causes tight/crampy feeling in back of legs, mostly after excess standing? No noticeable swelling. Slight ache in knees also.

Dr. Cornelius Dooley

In brief: Imbalance

When standing for a prolonged period without a break, it does put a lot of pressure on your leg muscles; if you wear heels, it puts even more pressure on the backs of your legs because of the added angulation involved; you may want to wear flatter shoes, or find ways to move around occasionally, so as to change the pressure on your muscles;

In brief: Imbalance

Dr. Hirenkumar Italia
Urgent Care

In brief: Calf pain

Likely muscle soreness or strain.
Try stretching leg intermittently. Do you keep your self enough hydrated?

In brief: Calf pain

Likely muscle soreness or strain.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: I would also

Look to see if you are flatfooted or hyperpronated as excessive standing on this foot type strains the posterior muscle groups and the knees.

In brief: I would also

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine