I had a hip pain and back pain down to my thighs. My lower back pain been on and off is it's serious?

See physician. Should see physician, orthopod, neurosurgeon, internist etc. to determine etiology of pain. Could be related to spinal narrowing, disc herniation, nerve root irritation etc. Usually diagnosis of etiology made with imaging such as MR to determine what therapy is necessary.
Note the symptoms. It sounds like your symptoms are progressing, so seeing your primary care physician for initial evaluation is a good idea. Based on your history and exam findings, you may be referred to a neurologist. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/backpain.html , http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000442.htm.

Related Questions

Please help! I have lower back pain, between hips, and left hip pain.?

Get examined. You probably should see a physical medicine ; rehabilitation specialist (who can evaluate spine and hip pain) or a sports medicine dr. To be examined. They might get some x-rays. Read more...