Is there another drug combination for diverticulitis besides Flagel? I am also taking Bactrim due to allergies to Cipro, (ciprofloxacin) Keflex and Penecillin.

Dr. Stephen Scholand
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Antibiotic allergies

You need the help of an ID doctor-since they are experts in antibiotics.
First, I would want to 'define' ur allergies further-because sometimes a patient is labeled as 'allergic' & they aren't really allergic at all. That is really important. If ur truly allergic to penicillin, cephalosporins & cipro (ciprofloxacin) which is a fluoroquinolone, ur options are quite limited for oral therapy. Doxycycline might help.

In brief: Antibiotic allergies

Dr. Stephen Scholand
Dr. Stephen Scholand
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery