Does a blood clot in the veins cause a cold leg?

No. Generally clots in the veins cause swelling and pain. The leg tends to have a normal or slightly warm.These clots can travel to your lungs with pain and shortness of breath. A clot in the artery diminishes blood flow to the legs and causes them to be cold and without pulses and with severe pain. Be checked out rapidly for either concern.
In short, no. In order for a limb to grow cold, the blood supply TO the limb needs to be cut off. This is most commonly is caused by the occlusion of the ARTERY, not the vein. The occlusion, or blockage, is often caused by a blood clot.
Not usually. Not usually, I would expect warmth from a venous blood clot. However a blockage in an artery could cause a cold leg. I see the appropriate tests are being done on your leg for diagnosis. Has a blood clot been found?