6 days no bowel movement due to NECESSARY medications for illnesses I have. Laxatives & prune juice not worked. What should I do? (I am away so no GP)

Dr. Joyce Fiedler

In brief: Constipation

Without knowing what medications you are taking, it is difficult to give advice to avoid interactions with your meds.
Be sure you are drinking 6-8 glasses of water daily. Try fiber like methylcellulose or high fiber foods like whole grains and green leafy vegetables. Over the counter stool softeners might help - docusate. Avoid bananas and white rice - constipating.

In brief: Constipation

Dr. Joyce Fiedler
Dr. Joyce Fiedler
Dr. John Michel

In brief: IN the end

If nothing has worked you can try a suppository.
This can be gotten at most chemists (Pharmacy) or an enema. This should be ok as you are young and most likely healthy Try it but you may not like it BEst wishes.

In brief: IN the end

Dr. John Michel
Dr. John Michel
Dr. Peter Kurzweil