Why would I want to avoid surgery for my endometriosis?

Dr. Michael Traub
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Depends
I don't think the goal is to avoid surgery, but I do think that most women should avoid repeated unnecessary surgeries.
Surgery is required for a diagnosis to be made and sometimes for certain problems from endometriosis. Almost always a combination of surgical and medical treatment is needed.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Michael Fox
Fertility Medicine
In brief: You don't
Agree, but the treatment for endo is excisional surgery.
If done correctly, there is little need for medical therapy. The research and recommendations for endo have been clouded for years, but you will see more and more in the future about excisional surgery. It would be important at your age to cure and stop the disease, which might prove to extend fertility and hormone production for you.

In brief: You don't
Dr. Michael Fox
Dr. Michael Fox
Dr. Adam Levy