I was accidentally punched in the side of the head the other night, I cant hear very well and my ear canal was bleeding all night. What could it be?

Ruptured ear drum. If you were hit square on the ear you may have a ruptured ear drum. This sounds drastic, but generally these heal quite well with no treatment required.
Ear Drum Rupture. Go to your PCM or an Urgent Care to be seen ASAP, it is likely you have a traumatic rupture of your Ear drum. Avoid getting water in that ear canal until you are seen. It is very important for your hearing to be evaluated and followed up by an ENT Specialist after the initial evaluation.