What does gastrografin look like and what does it taste like?

Dr. John Berryman

In brief: "gastrografin"

This is a contrast material and has calcium in it, which "tastes chalky", but may have some light flavoring to counteract the chalky taste.
It is used to outline the stomach and intestinal lining with x-rays of the area to determine ulcers or other abnormalities. It is white or light pink in general.

In brief: "gastrografin"

Dr. John Berryman
Dr. John Berryman
Dr. Leila Hashemi

In brief: Gastrografin

It's a liquid which is given prior to an imaging of GI tract, it tastes awful as I heard from patients but can be drunk with juice to make it taste better.

In brief: Gastrografin

Dr. Leila Hashemi
Dr. Leila Hashemi