I had breast cancer. How often should I have my daughters checked for breast cancer?

Dr. Travis Kidner
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: Genetic Testing?

Did you undergo genetic testing for the brca genes? You should have if you developed breast cancer at age 35 or younger. This would be very important information for your daughters.
In addition they should begin screening 5 - 10 years before you were diagnosed or at age 40, whatever comes first.

In brief: Genetic Testing?

Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. Missid Ghanem
Clinical Psychology

In brief: It is how u do it...

Even as you follow the recommendations of the distinguished experts on this panel or your personal md, make sure that the regular check ups are not done from a place of fear or expecting the worse, but rather a space of joy, peace of mind & optimism. So glad you're doing better!

In brief: It is how u do it...

Dr. Missid Ghanem
Dr. Missid Ghanem
Dr. Ritesh Rathore
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Every 3 to 6 months

Starting 10 years before the age at which you had breast cancer, your daughters should get breast exams by health provider and annual mammograms too.

In brief: Every 3 to 6 months

Dr. Ritesh Rathore
Dr. Ritesh Rathore
Dr. Arnon Rubin