Some stagnant water from an outdoor fountain just sprayed onto my face and a hand cut. It looked really dirty. Should I be worried? What should I do?

Dr. Ajainder Shergill

In brief: Careful

I don't think you have to particularly worry, though there is certainly risk of infection with the cut on your hand.
Wash it thoroughly with clean water and soap, and keep it dry and covered from here on. If you start to notice redness around the cut or any pus, you will likely need some antibiotics. You could first try some over-the-counter antibiotic ointment. If getting worse, see your doc.

In brief: Careful

Dr. Bret Boyle
Board Certified, Wound care