Feeling so guilty ashamed and remorseful after my psych called a triage team because of fear of suicide . How do I say I am sorry for being a burden?

Dr. Phillip Goebel
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Not a burden

They are doing their jobs.
You didn't cause any unexpected stress for them. If you feel an apology is necessary, a simple verbal I am sorry is adequate. The best way to make them feel better is for you to feel better.

In brief: Not a burden

They are doing their jobs.
Dr. Phillip Goebel
Dr. Phillip Goebel
Dr. John Moranville

In brief: Part of job

Any health professional is legally obligated to asses risk of danger to self or others.
It is also the moral thing to do for anyone who cares about others. Best thing you can do is focus on feeling better. I'm sure your doctor would appreciate acknowledgement and thanks for saving your life. You could also help others by volunteering for suicide hotline , etc

In brief: Part of job

Dr. John Moranville
Dr. John Moranville
Dr. Marsha Davis