Can transitioning formulas lead to diaper rash?

No. Changing baby formulas should not lead to diaper rashes unless the new formula changes the poop a lot, causing diarrhea.
Yes. Anything the baby eats may cause a diaper rash depending upon how it is digested. This is a matter of observation and trial and error.
Yes. All foods, including formulas, are digested differently. Making a change between formulas will cause the intestines to digest different nutrients. This may cause temporary constipation, diarrhea, or both (or neither) until your digestive system adapts. Many people find that with changing formula their child gets looser stool and a diaper rash in the short term; should resolve in a week or two.