Diagnosed with ADD/ADHD in 2007, Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) helped me finish grad school successfully. I would like to start taking it again. Are you able to prescribe?

Controlled substance. Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) is a controlled substance and needs to be prescribed by a physician you have an ongoing relationship with and who follows you regularly with in-office exams. The script needs to be written on paper (can not be prescribed electronically or called in). The virtual model is not appropriate for management of this chronic issue.
Not from this site. Prescribing any drug needs to be backed up by documented need, physical exam and any studies the physician feels appropriate. Adderall is closely monitored by the feds and state. Adults who had ADHD as a kid are less likely to be labeled drug seekers as adults, but expect any physician, neurologist or psychiatrist who agrees to treat you to spend some time justifying the need before prescribing it.
Not through healhtap. You need a doctor who has examined you, taken a history and reviewed your experience with Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine). Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) is a schedule 2, controlled medication and requires a relationship with the prescribing doctor who can follow you and make sure to prescribe correctly.
Questions. This part of HealthTap does not include the capability to provide direct care. However, the decision about starting back on Adderall would depend on whether you are struggling with symptoms of ADHD to the extent that you daily functioning is significantly affected in some way.
Why do you want. to start it again. Are you back to school or having difficulty at work?
Controlled. Substances are not prescribed on HealthTap. Try to get an appointment with your primary care physician and see what his/her opinion is on restarting Adderall.
YES IT CAN BE. If you are asking if the Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) can be prescribed again as a n adult the answer is yes and you need to find a psychiatrist who treats adults with ADD.