Are there any naturopathic remedies for breast cancer?

Dr. Marci Dietrich
Bariatrics

In brief: Naturopathic=natural

I do agree with the previous doctors answers; but i would like a bit of input.
While, conventional proven treatment--should be given to a patient by an expert in the field of breast cancer, after the traditional treatments are given many times the patient is left alone-no real post chemo-post rads-post surgery protocal is rx--.Too bad!good nutrition, exercise, yoga, emotional support etc. Big help.

In brief: Naturopathic=natural

Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: No..

Breast cancer treatments are based upon evidence-based medicine, with rigorous data to support our recommendations.
While i respect my patient's desires to seek out alternative therapies to supplement their care, never compromise a proven therapy for an unproven one.

In brief: No..

Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
2 comments
Dr. Chakshu Gupta
No, but they can certainly play a supportive role to conventional treatments.
Dr. Richard Orr
I have seen too many patients die after some charlatan promised them a cure with "natural" remedies. They do not work - although some are useful to make you feel better while getting standard treatment. Believe me - IF THEY WORKED WE WOULD USE THEM!!
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: None

Be very careful when you are offered non-conventional treatment for this serious but very treatable condition.
Naturopaths will mention 'immune balance' and 'chelation' and other unproven notions. They will offer colonic clean outs and acupuncture. None of this addresses the cancer which will eat away at you while you waste time with the naturopath. See your oncologist immediately.

In brief: None

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
2 comments
Dr. Carolyn Thompson
I cannot agree strongly enough with this answer. Early treatment can save your life!
Dr. Marci Dietrich
I do not believe acupuncture will in any way harm the effectiveness of traditional standard treatment for a breast cancer. I do believe acuppuncture could possibly enhance the effectiveness of the tradtional treatment. Note, I am not saying to "only" try acupuncture; I am stating strongly that it could help the patient in addition to standard effective Western(U.S.) FDA treatments.
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: None

In brief: None

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Erik Borncamp
Wound care

In brief: No.

Please please please see a real doctor for treatment of your cancer.
If you must see a naturopath save the 'cures' for the side effects of treatment, nausea, depression etc. And if you notice they aren't working, stop taking them and save your money

In brief: No.

Dr. Erik Borncamp
Dr. Erik Borncamp