Vaginal infection, is constipation the side effect to the anti biotic? Also on ferrous sulfate.

Dr. Atoya Adams

In brief: Constipation, meds

Hello! antibiotics cannot tell the good bacteria from the one causing the infection (the bad ones), so when the good ones are killed with the bad, this can result in constipation.
I recommend taking a probiotic while taking an antibiotic; the probitoics replenish the intestines with the good bacteria your body needs. Also, the iron supplement you take is also known to cause constipation as well.

In brief: Constipation, meds

Dr. Atoya Adams
Dr. Atoya Adams
Dr. Charlene Sojico

In brief: No

Constipation is side effect to the iron.
Most people get diarrhea from antibiotic and yeast infection.

In brief: No

Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Arnon Rubin