I have health anxiety and depression. What is safest to take until I get it under control with cbt and therapyPaxil, buspar, (buspirone) samE, medical marijuana?

Dr. Carlos Barrios
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Depends

In general, antidepressants known as SSRIs such as Zoloft, Prozac, Celexa, on Lexapro (escitalopram) are always top shelf treatment for either anxiety or depression.
One thing to keep in mind is that for anxiety you need more robust doses than for treatment of depression with antidepressants. Anxiety is always more brittle of the two syndromes to treat. Ask your physician about the main and side effects and risks and benefits of these medications.

In brief: Depends