Have seen the doc he say I might have temporal arteritis and put me on prednisone but I feel preasure in eyes and head and my BP is elevated.

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Second opinion

Temporal arteritis rarely occurs in individuals under age 40.
In many cases, seeking a second opinion is not only warranted, but necessary. Unless your disease is life threatening and requires emergency care, it is never a bad idea to seek a second opinion. Getting a second opinion helps you feel more confident about your diagnosis and treatment plan.

In brief: Second opinion

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Chirag Patel
Neurology

In brief: Temporal arteritis

Early treatment is key to preventing severe problems due to temporal arteritis (blindness, stroke).
A temporal artery biopsy should be performed to help with diagnosis. Your BP elevation may be due to the pain. You should go to the ER if the symptoms persist or worsen. In the long-term, see a neurologist for your eye/head pressure. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000448.htm

In brief: Temporal arteritis

Dr. Chirag Patel
Dr. Chirag Patel