My upper arm hurts every time I throw. Do I see general orthopedist?

Dr. Scott Diede
Pediatrics - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Sports medicine
If the symptoms are such that you want to see a physician, i would recommend a sports medicine doctor. They are initially trained in a variety of residency programs (orthopedics, internal medicine, family medicine) and then do a subspecialty in sports medicine.
They would be a good place to start and would be especially trained in understanding why you have pain with throwing.

In brief: Sports medicine
Dr. Scott Diede
Dr. Scott Diede
Dr. Mark Gabelman
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Depends
If it is short term rest and local therapy (heat, mineral ice etc) may be reasonable.
If it lasts more than a few days without any evidence of improvement then seeing an orthopedist would make sense.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Mark Gabelman
Dr. Mark Gabelman
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine