Just put me on flecainide. I read the side effect. Should I take it?

Dr. Jimmy Lin
Some cardiac arrhythmia needs to be treated.
Many arrhythmia does not need to be treated. So if your physician elected to put you on flecainide, that means taking medication is much better than not taking it. So, you should take it. But do talk to him or her about your concern..

Dr. Jimmy Lin
Dr. Jimmy Lin
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Flecainide
Discuss with your physician.
The drug is safe in the right patients but dangerous in the 'wrong' patients. We don't use the agent lightly. If you're one of the patients with a high probability of being helped by the drug and low probability of harm, that should explain it to you.

In brief: Flecainide
Discuss with your physician.
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology