Can vitiligo be cured?

No. There is no known cure for vitiligo.
No. We don't fully understand the pathophysiology of vitiligo. It is considered an autoimmune disorder, and sometimes associated with systemic autoimmune conditions. Treatment that are modestly successful all relate to suppressing the immune system in the skin, such as cortisone creams, steroid-sparing immunomodulators and uv therapy. Some people undergo punch grafts, but with modest success.
Yes. It resolves on its own about 1/3 of the time. When it doesn't go away, it can often be treated and made to go away. Using a variety of topical treatments with or without narrowband uvb or excimer laser, I can usually get it to go away for about 2/3 of my patients.