If no foci found during ep study to ablate pvcs, is this a good or bad thing? My cardiologist said that means they are benign. Second opinion?

Dr. Jeffrey Webber
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Probably correct

I suspect your cardiologist is correct.
A large segment of the normal population has PVCs sometime in their day or life. These are predominantly benign. I liken them to static on a radio, describing them as "the background noise of everyday living." If your heart function is deemed normal in its squeezing capacity,no structural issues noted on echo, and if no dysrhythmia was provoked on EP then ok

In brief: Probably correct

I suspect your cardiologist is correct.
Dr. Jeffrey Webber
Dr. Jeffrey Webber
Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
PVCs aren't benign just because no foci are found; it just means that the (source of the) PVCs cannot be ablated. Other treatment could potentially be offered - if the problem is an electrolyte imbalance or medication side effect, correct it; if the problem is lack of oxygen (from lung disease), treat it. Whether PVCs are benign or not depends on symptoms & persistence (on Holter), not on EP study
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine