Can Nuvaring be used to effectively treat acne or does the birth control need to be in pill form because of differences in doses, etc.?

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology

In brief: No.

Nuvaring is not intended to be used as an acne treatment, and is not approved for that use.
It can, as a side effect, make acne better, or worse. I've had patients tell me that their acne improved while using the Nuvaring, and others have said that their acne was worse than ever while using it. So it's totally unpredictable. Rather than roll the dice, see a dermatologist for a proper acne regimen.

In brief: No.

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Oscar Novick

In brief: Nuvaring

In some women wearing the nuvaring has helped their acne, but in other women it has caused acne.

In brief: Nuvaring

Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Oscar Novick