I want to get off ambien (zolpidem). How many nights does it take to get back to my natural sleeping rhythm?

Dr. Chris Esguerra
In brief: Use sleep hygiene
Getting off Ambien (zolpidem) is a good idea and best facilitated by practicing good sleep hygiene.
This includes setting the same sleep and wake time, relaxing before sleep, using your bed only for sleep and sex, no tv or computer before sleep, no caffeine 6 hours before sleep, and getting out bed if you wake in the middle of the night and reading for a little while. Practicing this will help.

In brief: Use sleep hygiene
Dr. Chris Esguerra
Dr. Chris Esguerra