I thought paroxetine increase my depressive state. What other side effects?

Confused question. Paxil (paroxetine) (antidepressant) is also used to treat anxiety and pain disorders by increasing serotonin levels in the brain. Paxil (paroxetine) works well for both men and women. Weight gain is common, as are side effects such as dry mouth, GI problems, and decreased ability to achieve orgasm. Paxil (paroxetine) rarely increases depression, but hypomania sometimes occurs. Withdrawal can be difficult and needs to be done slowly.