My mother had passed away after heart surgery.i feel shortness of breath after sex and had chest pain .my ECG and echos r normal.i am just 22 now.

Dr. Craig Carter
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Anxiety

You should probably talk to a therapist about how you feel.
At 22, the chances of coronary disease are almost non- existent, and if you had a congenital defect, you should have found it by now.

In brief: Anxiety

Dr. Craig Carter
Dr. Craig Carter
Dr. Anita Prakash
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Not likely heart

Sounds as though you experienced a bad event and therefore, now think you have heart disease.
At your age, CAD is very rare. Atherosclerosis develops over time to finally cause a rate-limiting blockage manifesting as chest pain. Having said that,a healthy lifestyle is always important as plaque can be seen as early as 10 years of age. IF you south Asian or Diabetic, you need to live healthy life

In brief: Not likely heart

Dr. Anita Prakash
Dr. Anita Prakash
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine